If you have a friend or loved one at Duke Raleigh Hospital, the following information may be useful to you when planning to visit or send encouragement:
- Visiting Hours
- Patient Information
- Mail and Flowers
- Guilded Lily Gift Shop
- Duke Raleigh Hospital Café
- Wireless Internet Access
- Tobacco Free
Visitors play an important role in a patient’s recovery, but the health and well-being of our patients comes first. Please do not visit a patient if you have a fever, severe cold, flu, or any other illness.
Regular visiting hours at Duke Raleigh Hospital are 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Stays should be brief so others may visit, but most importantly, so your relative or friend can rest.
If you wish to stay with a patient overnight you must obtain a visitor’s badge from the nurse’s station where the patient is located. Overnight visitors must be at least 18 years of age and must renew privileges each night.
Please call 919-954-3126 to receive information about a patient condition. Those individuals making an inquiry must provide the hospital with a patient’s full name before a condition report can be released, in accordance with the American Hospital Association Guidelines and HIPAA guidelines.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within the normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Undetermined: Patient awaiting physician assessment.
Mail and flowers should be addressed to patients in care of:
Duke Raleigh Hospital
3400 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
Please include the patient's full name and a return address.
Patients in the ICU may not receive flowers, balloons, or gift baskets. Cards, however, are permitted and encouraged. Flowers and mail received after discharge will be redirected to the patient's home address.
Find the perfect gift to brighten someone's day at the Guilded Lily Gift Shop, which carries a variety of items including gifts, accessories, jewelry, seasonal items, Duke Raleigh Hospital logo merchandise, and assorted candies.
The shop is newly remodeled and operated by the Duke Raleigh Hospital Guild.
If you would like to order flowers or gift items through the shop to be delivered to a patient's room, call the Guilded Lily Gift Shop at 919-954-3115.
Weekdays: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Duke Raleigh Café offers a convenient option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner dining, as well as quick beverages and snacks. The café and spacious dining area are located near the front lobby of the hospital.
Monday through Friday
6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
7:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Duke Raleigh Hospital is pleased to provide free Internet access points, or “hot spots”, for portable computers and devices capable of receiving specific wireless signals for use by our patients, visitors, and guests.
Following are the Duke Raleigh Wireless Network Configuration requirements and reference information:
- Wireless signal: 802.11b/g
- Virus protection: you must have up-to-date virus protection on your wireless device
- Encryption is not required
- Printers are not available via the Duke Raleigh wireless network
- SSID: guest (all lower case)
It is important to note that while we are providing wireless Internet access, Duke Raleigh Hospital does not provide wireless laptops or other wireless devices to take advantage of this access.
If you have problems accessing the Internet over the Duke Raleigh Hospital wireless network, hospital staff cannot assist in making changes to your device or network settings or perform any troubleshooting on your device. You will need to refer to your owners’ manual or seek other support services for assistance.
Be aware that any changes you make to your device settings may prevent your hardware from working on the Duke Raleigh Hospital wireless network.
Please note the following:
- The Duke Raleigh Hospital wireless network is not secure. Therefore, it is possible other wireless users can intercept information being sent and received from your device. You should be cautious and not transmit credit card information, passwords, or any other sensitive personal information while using any wireless hot spot.
- Duke Raleigh Hospital will not be responsible for any personal information (e.g. credit card) that is compromised.
- Duke Raleigh Hospital will not be responsible for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues, or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
- Your traffic will be monitored as a part of Duke Raleigh Hospital's normal network management processes. You must use the Duke Raleigh Hospital wireless network in a responsible manner, and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws; including, but not limited to, not transmitting or receiving illegal or harmful material, committing fraud, or downloading copyrighted material. Violators are subject to having their wireless access at Duke Raleigh Hospital revoked.
- Restriction or monitoring of a minor’s access to the Duke Raleigh wireless network are the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Duke Raleigh Hospital is proud to be 100 percent tobacco free. Smoking is prohibited on all Duke Raleigh Hospital property and inside all facilities. Thank you for helping us keep our hospital tobacco free.