Duke Raleigh Outpatient Rehabilitation is committed to providing quality evaluations and treatments and is an important part of Duke Raleigh Neurosciences. Our diversified, dedicated and experienced staff can provide interdisciplinary service in physical and speech language therapy. Therapy services can consist of any of these disciplines.
Our focus is to maximize the patient's functional independence. We view our patients as partners. Every treatment session is a collaborative process between the therapist, patient and his family or caregivers. The multidisciplinary approach between patient and therapist focuses on maximizing function and independence.
Here is a sampling of some of the conditions we treat. Your therapist will discuss your condition and prognosis with you and will answer any questions.
- Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS – Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Myosthenia Gravis
- Guillian Barre Syndrome
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Non-operative and Post-operative Brain Tumor
- Swallowing Difficulties
Physical therapy treatments include:
- Muscular system evaluation: strength and range of motion of both the upper extremities and lower extremities
- Coordination and Balance Training
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Gait Analysis
- Functional Cognitive Assessments and Treatment
- Durable Medical Equipment evaluation of needs
- Core Stability and Strengthening
- Functional Movement Analysis using the following techniques:
- NDT (Neuro-Developmental Treatment)
- PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation)
- MRP (Motor Relearning Program)
- Functional activity assessment and treatment for:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Independent living skills
- Home Safety
- Community Re-entry
Speech therapy services Include:
- Speech and language evaluation and treatments
- Communication evaluation and therapy (to include speech and language)
- Clinical swallow evaluations and therapy to include:
- Clinical Swallow Evaluations
- (FEES) Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies (MBSS)
- VitalStim (e-stim for dysphagia)
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 919-954-3492.
Outpatient Rehabilitation is on the campus of Duke Raleigh Hospital at 3325 Executive Drive, Suite 222, Medical Office Building 4 in Raleigh, North Carolina.