At Duke Raleigh Hospital, we're proud to be a part of Duke Medicine. And, we're just as proud to be a part of your community.
From the day we opened our doors as Mary Elizabeth Hospital in 1914 through today, we've always stayed close to our founding philosophy of providing compassionate care to our patients.
Since 1998, Duke Raleigh Hospital has been an important part of Duke Medicine. Our affiliation with one of the country's best health systems provides our patients with access to the most advanced technology and leading-edge medicine available.
Our hospital's values are the guiding principles we use to fulfill our mission: to provide extraordinary care.
Conveniently located off the beltline in North Raleigh, Duke Raleigh Hospital has 186 beds and an impressive array of programs and services. For years we've been the hospital of choice for patients with a variety of health care needs.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Our mission is to improve health, advance knowledge, and inspire hope.
Our vision is to be the trusted leader in healthcare through outstanding quality, an unparalleled patient experience, innovative care delivery, and our commitment to the community.
Duke University Health System Values
In 2011, Duke University Health System adopted a system-wide values statement.
"Caring for Our Patients, Their Loved Ones, and Each Other" through:
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in all that we do.
- Safety: We hold each other accountable to constantly improve a culture that ensures the safety and welfare of all patients, visitors, and staff.
- Integrity: Our decisions, actions, and behaviors are based on honesty, trust, fairness, and the highest ethical standards.
- Diversity: We embrace differences among people.
- Teamwork: We have to depend on each other and work well together with mutual respect to achieve common goals.